Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"S" Quilt Back is Pieced too!

I used a bunch of my lime and purple hand-dyed cotton sateen and paired it with left overs from the top to come up with 4 HUGE blocks  for the back of my yellow "s" quilt.  I made an 18" x 76" strip set, added some sashing, and presto, done!

I did get to do more dyeing over the weekend, as the weather was just gorgeous.   I don't have all of my fat quarter to show you, cause I SOLD them!! to a lovely lady from the Asheville Quilt Guild.  Yup, I sold some of my hand-dyeds!!  Woohoo.  Maureen is making one of the blocks for the Blue Ridge Parkway 75th Anniversary Quilt also.  She is doing a landscape of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so I whipped up a bunch of blues/violets, and some "fall foliage" looking pieces.  I managed to get some pics before she came by for them.

These are the blues/violets for the mountains in the background

A nice piece with oranges, greens, blues, browns, yellows

I played with a new fabric; a cotton/linen blend.  It may become my new favorite fabric.  I'm going to make a skirt and see how it sews up.  One of my new quilting friends, Carrie, turned me on to it.  She uses it as a base fabric for pillows and for sashing in her quilts, also.  

Pinks, purples, and reds on cotton/linen

Reds, golds, rust on cotton/linen

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Amy! So glad you sold some of your beauties. And glad you're liking the linen/cotton--I do love it so. But I never thought about how it would dye up! It's absolutely lovely--nice work, as always!