Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Road Trip to Tennessee Quilts

Patsy and I were going to have a play date on Friday and dye fabrics and threads.   Unfortunately, we didn't discuss our plans with the weather, which didn't cooperate.  It was just plain yucky out.  So, instead we headed to Tennessee Quilts in Jonesborough.  Over the mountains and through the fog we went.

Patsy was on a mission to find some prints to coordinate with her beautiful hand-dyeds for a project she's working on for the upcoming Quilt Market in May.  I had no agenda, but that wasn't going to stop me.  We walked into the shop and BAM, there they were...K Fassett quilts draped over the upstairs balcony for all to see.  I was a goner.

I bought everything I needed to make the Yellow "S" quilt in his book, Country Garden Quilts except for the backing fabric.  I am going to dye some fabric for the back.

I couldn't stop there and leave well enough alone.  No, no.  I HAD to buy more K Fassett to go with some of my hand-dyeds so I could create my own design.  So, I ended up buying another 9 yards of various dots, designs, and stripes.  What fun!!

Yummy K. Fassett fabrics.

And, as if that wasn't enough, Patsy gave me a bunch of 12 weight cotton threads from various vendors to dye.

Thread, thread, and more thread!


No comments:

Post a Comment